Leadership in the Outdoor Recreation Industry Graduate Certificates
The University of Denver has partnered with the VF Foundation to launch the Leadership in Outdoor Recreation Industry Program (LORI), two interdisciplinary graduate certificates targeted to individuals seeking to enter or advance in the outdoor industry.
These graduate certificates, which include courses from the Daniels College of Business, Josef Korbel School of International Studies and Sturm College of Law, will be taught fully online, including both asynchronous and synchronous content. A “Sprint” format, consisting of focused one-credit courses, will allow students and organizations extensive flexibility to tailor the programs to their specific needs.
Learn More about LORI
Outdoor Recreation Industry Business Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in ORIB will prepare students to assume business-oriented roles across a range of functions and industries in the outdoor recreation sector. This certificate is best for:
- Front line operators in the outdoor recreation industry who are interested in transitioning to business-oriented roles
- Recent college graduates (with business or non-business degrees)
- Individuals with limited professional experience in other industries, looking to transition to the outdoor recreation industry
Students will be educated in:
- Functional areas of business, including accounting, finance, marketing and management
- Legal and regulatory issues, such as land use and development policies
- Policy considerations, including issues related to environmental sustainability and public-private partnerships.
Outdoor Recreation Industry Leadership Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in ORIL will prepare participants to assume senior leadership roles in the outdoor recreation industry. Participants will be educated on salient issues and decisions facing the outdoor recreation industry in a range of domains:
- Financial models and supply chain challenges
- Legal and regulatory issues such as land use and development rules
- Government relations and public policy
In addition, the certificate includes courses designed to further students’ individual leadership skills—understanding one’s own weaknesses and strengths as a leader, neuroleadership, emotional intelligence, negotiations, and having difficult conversations.
The certificate should be particularly relevant to:
- Mid-level professionals in the outdoor recreation industry looking to assume leadership roles and advance their careers
- Graduate students (with experience) interested in the outdoor recreation industry
- Individuals with professional experience in other industries, looking to transition to and assume leadership roles in the outdoor recreation industry